Your face is probably the first thing you think of with looking older; then, maybe, your hands. But your neck is also a major consideration when it comes to aging. If the creases and extra skin under your chin are making you appear older than you would like, it could be time to take action.
A neck lift might be the answer. This procedure can give your neck a more youthful appearance and is often a solution when you feel the spotlight is no longer on your beautiful and younger-looking face. If you’re considering a neck lift in Mission Viejo or the surrounding Los Angeles area or if you’d like more information, Coastal Dermatology and Plastic Surgery has trained professionals ready to help you.
What Is a Neck Lift?
A neck lift, also called platysmaplasty, is a cosmetic surgical procedure that removes excess fat and skin from the neck area to lessen the appearance of wrinkles and creases. It yields a smoother profile and gives the patient an overall more youthful appearance. The procedure tightens the skin and neck muscles to provide lift. It also enhances and shapes the contour of the jawline.
Causes of a Saggy Neck
- Natural aging process
- Large amounts of weight loss
Benefits of a Neck Lift
- Minimizes wrinkles and tiny lines
- Tightens muscles in the front of the neck
- Removes loose, sagging skin
- Makes neck bands less noticeable
- Reshapes the chin and jaw area
Who Is a Good Candidate for a Neck Lift in Mission Viejo?
People with extra skin on their neck, bands and wrinkles, a double chin or a loss of distinction between the neck and the chin area or jawline may all be good candidates for a neck lift. Ideal candidates are generally:
- Healthy clients with nothing to impair the healing process
- Clients with a positive outlook
- Clients with realistic expectations
About the Process
Before a neck lift in Mission Viejo can be performed, there are certain steps taken to ensure the client receives the best medical care and the best possible outcome. There will also be follow-up care available after the procedure has been completed.
- Consultation – This is a preliminary meeting between the patient and our team. All questions and concerns are addressed here.
- Preparation for the Procedure – After all preliminary groundwork is completed, your procedure will be scheduled. You will have instructions on what to do the night before, the morning of the procedure, and during the recovery period immediately following the procedure.
- Procedure – A neck lift in Mission Viejo is a cosmetic surgical procedure performed by a a member of our qualified staff on an outpatient basis in an office surgical setting, a surgical center, or a hospital. The time involved varies depending on the amount of work needed.
- Recovery – Recovery times vary, but most patients can resume light activity within a few days and normal activity, including work, within a week or two.
Schedule Your Consultation!
A neck lift is a procedure many people turn to when they want a more youthful appearance. It’s a routine procedure that doesn’t require a hospital stay and the recovery time is relatively short.
For most patients, the results not only make them look younger but also provide a renewed confidence. If you’re considering a neck lift in Mission Viejo, California, Coastal Dermatology and Plastic Surgery is ready to help. Contact our professional staff today to arrange for a consultation.